Here’s a pretty short summary of this week since I’m pretty tired of traveling around. Not that I’ve done much of traveling, it’s just more than usual and therefore I’m immediately more tired. Plus, I saw just one movie this week – so far my all time low this year.
- In the beginning of the week I saw the first Star Wars movie and thought it was rather good. I kept waiting for Harrison Ford to appear and when he finally did, I was content.
- Wanted to go to the cinema this weekend but opted on going to the gym instead. Happens.
- Don’t wanna say much about the movie yet, since I really need to watch the other movies but I’m sure I’ll do it soon enough.
- Game of Thrones is picking up speed which means I’m getting confused again. Seriously, love this show to bits but I guess knowing the books is quite good in terms of the clarity.
- Currently I’m trying to keep track of the characters and I’m like “who’s that?” and “where is he?” etc. Re-watching the show should be a good idea after I finally read the books – mental note.
- The Following is losing its magic episode by episode but I really liked how Bacon’s character’s past was revealed. It makes him more complex and that’s the way I like my leading characters.
- The chick from Criminal Minds (too tired to Google her name – told you I was tired) was on Modern Family and well… she was okay. I wasn’t really thrilled about her character.
- Ran outside for the first time this year, it was rather decent but it’s still pretty cold for my taste.
- Ate pasta for the first time this year – yes, I have so far avoided it successfully.
- The good thing about being away from home is the lack of feeling like I have no friends. Yet, I was pretty tired yesterday to go outside to the big city – I’m that pathetic! I have this big city in front of me, it’s Saturday and I was too tired to go out.
- To be fair, I ran 4 km yesterday and today added 5 km – pretty good for a lazy weekend.
- Waiting patiently for the contract to come back from Ireland so I can finally book the flight. Can’t wait but more importantly, I can’t wait to come back and start with my thesis.
- It might seem weird but while being away from school for a whole semester (I’ve been studying straight for 16,5 years) I kind of miss studying. Studying and blogging is pretty much the only two things I’m fairly good at.
- Started to read John Green’s second book Looking for Alaska
and so far it’s good. Not as great as The Fault in Our Stars but then again, the topic isn’t as close to my heart.
- Scratch that, as I was traveling back home on a train for 2,5 hours I almost finished Looking for Alaska and the second half is much much better! There’s something about John Green and his writing that makes me want to write and I haven’t felt that way in a long time.
- While reading the book, I didn’t do much blog reading this week. Which is a shame and yet, makes sense as I’ve been away. The posts I posted were all scheduled anyway – except the Top 50 part 2 which I worked on for hours and hours.
- Yes, I’ve started to make graphics that take longer than usual and I can’t help it. Might take longer but they look much prettier!
- LAMMY nominations will be announced tomorrow.. I’m crossing my fingers for many of my favorites and I hope they do the same for me. I’m not sure about my own categories but at least one nomination would make my spring.
- Wanted to end with a very interesting fact but I’m a total blank, I guess all the excitement will be left for next Sunday, until then, stay cool!
I Love That Film saw Spring Breakers which I still think it’s a brilliant piece of film.
Love & Squalor LOVED The Place Beyond the Pines which frankly is no surprise, I’m quite excited to see the film myself.
Those who don’t know, I love me some sports movies so when Dan the Man reviewed 42 and liked it, I got all excited and stuff.
Visual parallels is most likely the coolest (and an endless) feature and this week Cinematic Corner put together Pulp Fiction and Breaking Bad.
Terry Malloy’s Pigeon Coop (I almost wrote Poop – my bad!) saw Killer Joe which reminded me of that grilled chicken scene and all of a sudden, not so keen on eating chicken.
Fellow Estonian Films and Coke is much more successful in terms of being Estonian cause she reviewed an Estonian film (in almost three years, I have reviewed none) Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel.
Rob on French Toast Sunday blogged about directors he’s gotten into after he started blogging.
And So it Begins listed Top 15 movies that demand re-watching.
Sometimes I think Chandler is me and then I’m like, no, I am Chandler!