It’s been a while since I last posted a Linked post and I thought it was about time to ramble about some stuff, receive an award and list all the cool blog posts that I have managed to read. Though, I must admit, I haven’t been able to catch up with all the blogs I follow but I should by tonight. Also, still haven’t watched any movies which is pretty frightening and obviously makes me sad: when I have time, I don’t seem to be in the right mood. Typical.
TWO WEEKS WORTH OF THOUGHTS
- In all seriousness, I don’t know where to begin – it’s been two weeks and while a lot has happened, I feel like nothing has happened.
- Celebrity related things have been exciting.. I missed Jerome Flynn by like two days but I got to see Adam Rothenberg and an Irish actress Charlene McKenna. Fun fact: all three play in Ripper Street which means I need to watch that show because apparently the universe is telling me something.
- There is not much to do around here except work and I do that five times a week which means being on my feet from nine to seven almost every day. I don’t mind it though, I’m pretty much used to it by now but I still feel exhausted in the evenings.
- It be great if I could go somewhere after work but my work is my home and that kind of spoils the joy of “going home”.
- This part of Ireland I’m living in is gorgeous though! Surrounded by mountains, little rivers, streams, lakes and countless number of sheep; I can’t wait for my sunny days off to take a lot more pictures.
- Sad part of the mountains is the fact that there is no cell reception almost at all here. The most bars I get, and that’s a miracle, is three! Not that I have people to call, it’s just nice to have that possibility.. which I don’t.
- Luckily there are many other interns who are in the same situation so I’m not suffering all by myself here.
- I did suffer when the vending machine ate my coin though – and here I was thinking that kind of thing only happened in movies.
- On a plus side, I did get a free full body massage yesterday, so there are some pretty awesome benefits to this place after all.
- I miss watching movies though.
- While not watching movies, I do watch a lot of shows and since I did some well planned preparation, I do have couple of shows I plan to re-watch for the purpose of writing a review. So, if all fails on the movie front, I’ll be posting a lot about TV-shows even though the feedback isn’t that great.
- That makes me wonder, why wasn’t anyone interested in commenting The Fall post.. is it the lack of interest towards TV-shows in general or just that people aren’t familiar with it. Or, is it the writing? Be honest now because I need to improve myself and my writing skills during this summer.
- Even though The Graham Norton Show didn’t have the best couch this weekend, I still considered it as one of my highlights of the week – especially during the lunch break on Saturday. It just saves my whole day!
- While Game of Thrones has finished off its third season, I’ve yet to see the last episode. I’m sure I’ll dislike it though, I mean, it’s pretty impossible to follow to The Rains of Castamere – why didn’t they end with episode 9, it feels like the season should’ve ended with THAT.
- That episode was as sad as the fact that I didn’t have coffee for five mornings in a row! And I need my coffee! Trust me, this is not a sarcastic comparison, me without coffee is just .. the saddest thing ever. I blame the stupid coffee here, it tastes like rust water or something. I’m not kidding, I’m just glad I brought my own coffee which I’ll only drink on special occasions – my days off.
SUPER SWEET BLOGGING AWARD
It’s always nice to receive awards and getting a super sweet one is even better! Defiant Success was generous enough to grant me this tasty award this weekend and I couldn’t pass the opportunity to thank her – THANK YOU!
Here’s the list of rules:
- Thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated you.
- Answer 5 Super Sweet questions.
- Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your blog post.
- Nominate a baker’s dozen (13) of other deserving bloggers.
- Notify your Super Sweet nominees on their blogs.
- Cookies or cake? Cookies.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate AND vanilla, now that’s a combo.
- Favorite sweet treat? Ice cream for sure.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? All day every day?
- Sweet nickname? Honey, though I’m not a big fan of honey.
Now, I’m gonna do this a bit differently because I like to break the rules. The 13 I nominate are the first 13 bloggers who read this post… surprise! You won!
Well, this was awkward… but now on to the best part of this post!
We Need To Talk About Kevin has found another fan, Terry Malloy’s Pigeon Coop loved it.
Remember last week’s Game of Thrones episode The Rains of Castamere? Refresh your thoughts by reading Cinematic Corner’s review.
The Drama Llama shares her love for Ellen DeGeneres.
Despite my hopes, the feelings towards The Internship seem to be a mixture of everything: Fogs’ Movie Reviews and Rorschach Reviews kind of liked it, The Matinee thought it was average, Dan The Man pretty much hated it.
Despite Movie Waffler not liking Spike Island, I think I’ll still give it a go.
Last but not least, congratulations to Rorschach Reviews for his first birthday!
SONG OF THE WEEK
There was pretty much no chance of me not singing Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharell after their performance on The Graham Norton Show. It’s been on mind ever since and I’m not even sorry for blasting it in the staff accommodation area late at night. Obviously it’s not the newest song out there but I’m always behind when it comes to music. (That sounded a bit weird… never mind.)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEKS
I think the highlight portion as pretty much been all about the TV-shows because I’ve only been in a mood for those these past few weeks. Game of Thrones The Red Wedding was.. just.. I have no words. Having Teen Wolf back is another good thing: it’s basically my guilty pleasure. Especially because I can tell that it’s occasionally stupid and the CGI is horrible, and I still don’t care! A show that isn’t stupid and is made well is The Fall, I love that show! Can’t wait for the season finale. Reality TV fix for this summer is definitely So You Think You Can Dance and its 10th season – it’s my favorite reality show next to Project Runway (the only reality shows I watch for their whole season).