This week on the commercial break: explaining my failure to study AGAIN, watching shows I love, realizing I have stopped watching so many shows this season that it’s actually saving me hours and hours of time and random thoughts about nothing special really. And links, of course!
- Needless to say, my thesis is not going so well and I think I have to power through on Monday to Thursday next week in order to survive, which is from today since I’m scheduling this post.
- Has anyone noticed how well I’m doing with the two posts a week thing? I didn’t want to say anything but I’m so proud by now that I couldn’t hold it in. Scheduling is a really nice thing, I have stuff ready ahead of time and I don’t really have to worry that much. Plus, I have so many posts drafted as ideas that by the time I finish them, I will have an entire month scheduled – which would really help my studying!
- Also, I’ve been doing sort of my own version of community building by participating in different blogathons – and digging up posts from the past to revive them (the post in mind is scheduled to go up later this week). Still need to get the commenting up to good standards though.
- I realized that I’ve been so successful in blogging lately because I’ve literally stopped watching TV-shows. Even now, after most of them are back, there’s still not many shows I watch each week. For instance, I stopped watching comedies (2 Broke Girls, New Girl, all the new ones from this season), drama series (Bones, Homeland, Parenthood, Continuum, Arrow, The Killing), guilty pleasures (Carrie Diaries, Baby Daddy, Pretty Little Liars, White Collar) and skipped the entire season in order to marathon it through later (American Horror Story, The Walking Dead).
- It doesn’t seem that much but trust me, it is saving me a lot of time – considering none (The Tomorrow People is slowly becoming a big let down as well) of the newcomers have made it into my weekly schedule.
- That being said, The Mindy Project is a series that week to week became my most anticipated shows and the winter season finale just blew me away. I’m pretty sure Mindy Kaling is my spirit animal! She is doing what Lena Dunham will most likely never achieve in Girls, be charming and different and funny and totally gorgeous! Plus, that show has the greatest guest appearances: Bill Hader, Ed Helms, Chloe Sevigny, Seth Meyers, James Franco, Kevin Smith, Jenna Elfman, Seth Rogen and others!
- And having Adam Pally from Happy Endings as a series regular is much appreciated, thank you, Kaling!
- It’s hard not to talk about The Mindy Project just a little bit more because I’m now worried about the upcoming episodes in April. Will it become another New Girl disaster due to the relationship? Hopefully not, because Mindy’s writing is getting better while New Girl just ran out of jokes a long time ago.
- The only movie I watched last week was Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit and I’m was not happy about it. It just, no.
- This week I really want to study but also see 12 Years of Slave and maybe Captain Phillips and Short Term 12. It sounds like an amazing line-up so I hope I’ll have a great movie week. And I wish all of you the same!
- It’s finally proper winter in Estonia though, and since my life is a big irony festival, my woolen socks got holes in them right when it got too cold NOT to wear them. Typical. Thanks life!
- Every day I’m more concerned and worried about turning 25 next month. Not because I’m afraid to get older, no, I’m afraid to be in my mid-twenties and have nothing to show for it. No solid career, no family, no savings. That being said, the big two-five – woop!
- I’m really struggling to think of a great post though, any ideas? I kind of had an idea but that will definitely not help my thesis what so ever. Seriously, somebody please tell me an idea that doesn’t require hours and hours of work?!
Dan the Man is probably the most consistent movie blogger I know, so many reviews, so persistent, awesome. His Top 10 of 2013 is awesome as well!
By now, almost everybody has seen The Wolf of Wall Street and I still have to wait until FEBRUARY 7th! Anyway, Karamel Kinema and Cinematic Corner loved it and now I’m in torture mode since I want to see it on the big screen SO SO bad.
Is everybody over American Hustle? Well, even if you are, it doesn’t do any harm to read Lights Camera Reaction’s review.
Big Screen Small Words watched the sci-fi classic Blade Runner.
Time for a Film listed Top 50 off 2013 films and made me jealous because I’m never able to make such lists.. like, ever! There’s 5 posts in total but here is the Top 10, the creme de la creme!
This is it, the commercial break is over.. the movie’s back on in 3, 2, 1 …