It’s tradition, either at the end of the year or the beginning, to make lists and I’ve been making lists on this blog ever since I can remember. So, who am I to go against tradition? Here are my lists of best and worst for movies, TV-shows and music. Sit back, scroll ahead, and let me know if you agree or disagree with my lists.
I really need to keep track of the music I listen to, because it was pretty difficult to compile this list. Needless to say, I made it work! Also, there is no worst-list for songs because if I don’t like it, I won’t listen to it,so it would be unfair to make a list.
11. WHERE THIS FLOWER BLOOMS / GARDEN SHED / WHO DAT BOY by Tyler, The Creator
10. NOT MY EX by Jessie J
9. NOBODY by Niia ft. GoldLink
8. WILD THOUGHTS by DJ Khalid ft. Rihanna, Bryson Miller
7. GIVE ME ONE REASON by Tom & Collins
6. JIMI by Willow Smith
5. VISIONS OF GIDEON by Sufjan Stevens
4. HIM & I by G Eazy ft. Halsey
3. DAMN. / LOVE. / HUMBLE. by Kendrick Lamar
2. LOSIN CONTROL by Russ
1. MEET ME IN THE HALLWAY / TWO GHOSTS / WOMAN / FROM THE DINING TABLE by Harry Styles
I felt a little weird making this list but I had to add the shows that were disappointing to me this year. Two of them I saw, one of them I couldn’t get past the first episode.
3. MANHUNT: UNABOMBER / Great plot, poorly executed.
2. GLOW / Unlikable protagonist
1. LUKE CAGE / Boring, not worth my time
Here we go, a wonderful list of shows I enjoyed this year. Most of them are Netflix ones, but there’s no shame in that, Netflix does good shows.
10. SHADOWHUNTERS / It’s so bad, please don’t watch it, but I can’t stop
9. LIMITLESS / Fun time travel show
8. THE OA / It was either this or 13 Reasons Why, but I’m much more thrilled for OA’s season 2
7. CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND / I finally watched it and I’m so glad I did
6. BIG MOUTH / Animation done raunchy and educational
5. STRANGER THINGS 2 / A bit shaky, ep 7 was pointless, but still great
4. OZARK / Great, Jason Bateman is amazing
3. DARK / Wonderful mind-fuck and I loved every minute
2. MINHUNTER / I love crime based shows
1. THE PUNISHER / Should I even explain?
Considering how easy it was for me to make this list I actually feel a little sad about my cinematic experiences this year. I saw so many shitty movies this year.
12. KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD / Guy Ritchie disappoints
11. A BAD MOMS CHRISTMAS / Awful, why did it even get a sequel?
10. VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS / They looked like siblings
9. FIFTY SHADES DARKER / Funny but such a ugly movie
8. POWER RANGERS / Why was it even made?
7. GHOST IN THE SHELL / Pretty but not worth it
6. BAYWATCH / A lot of nonsense
5. THE HOUSE / Waste of my time
4. CHiPS / Another failure of a comedy
3. xXx: THE RETURN OF XANDER CAGE / Awful, pointless
2. THE SNOWMAN / Horrible, no redeeming quality
1. SNATCHED / Worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life
A little harder, but equally thrilling, was to compile the best movies list this year. I saw some real good ones, and most of them at the end of the year.
11. THE BIG SICK / Unique and special
10. THOR: RAGNAROK / Best Thor movie to date
9. IT / Fun and scary, perfect combo
8. THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI / Good, but ending was off
7. LADY BIRD / Angsty teens are hard to get as right
6. DUNKIRK / Quietly loud and brilliantly shot
5. GET OUT / Unique and a great idea delivered perfectly
4. WONDER WOMAN / Great all around, the villain was weak
3. WIND RIVER / Simple and hard hitting
2. LOGAN / Emotionally crippling and special
1. CALL ME BY YOUR NAME / Broke me to pieces
There you have it! My best and worst book list will be up on Friday!